Well looks like I had my last chemo (for now) last Friday. They (the 'experts') have decided that whilst the tumour is responding that its not responding as well as it could be (my tumour marker is coming down but slower than expected), so they want to press on with high-dose chemo sooner, rather than give me another cycle of the current stuff. They need to give me 4 weeks for my blood to recover so they are planning on me going in toward the end of September.
That means I'll miss out on yet another holiday at the end of Oct which was booked at the beginning of the year! My sister gets to go in my place to keep Michelle and Lauren company, or perhaps babysit while Michelle's out every night (it is with MarkWarner so I doubt Lauren will be left by herself!).
Got a scan today to check how big the tumour is and if there are any more! Fingers crossed!